Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Credit Cards

Despite having good credit history from Malaysia, getting a credit card can be a pain.

I got one when I first arrived from the banker I bank with regularly i.e. where my salary is deposited. All I got was a limit of $1,000; lower than when I first obtained my first credit card nearly 20 yrs ago.

Well few months later after making regular payments I applied for an increase and got a rejection letter.

To this Big 4 bank, you'll be receiving a termination in due time as I've managed to get two new cards from other institutions with credit limits that are more than 4 x my existing limit.

So much for loyalty. You can spend millions in your campaign but without looking into details, you lose a customer like me.

It reminds me of a similar rejection by Malaysia's largest bank about 10 yrs ago. Till now they've not got my credit card despite attempts in sending my preapproved cards without any application.

Good bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment